Cheddar cheese and corn muffins
For a wholemeal version use organic self-raising wholemeal flour – this will provide additional fibre and essential nutrients and will help to sustain energy levels for longer.
Bacon, cheese and sweetcorn: Lightly fry a couple of rashers of streaky bacon until golden. Chop, then add to the muffin mixture
Cheese and tomato: Omit the sweetcorn and add 1 chopped tomato.
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/gas mark 6.
- Mix together the self-raising flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, grated cheese and sweetcorn in a bowl.
- Melt the butter then mix in the mustard, yogurt, milk, egg and chives. Pour the cheese mixture into the flour and mix briefly to combine. Spoon a small amount of the batter into lightly greased muffin tins. Place a piece of cheese in the centre of each muffin then top with the remaining batter.
- Bake in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes until golden. Remove and place on a wire rack.
- Serve warm.
300g (10oz) organic self-raising flour (white or wholemeal)
2 tsp. baking powder
Pinch of salt
1tsp organic sugar
75g (3oz) organic mature cheddar cheese, grated
75g (3oz) canned organic sweetcorn, drained
60g (2oz) organic butter
1 tsp. English mustard
150g (5oz) organic Greek yogurt
175ml (6floz) organic milk
1 organic egg
1tbsp. chopped fresh chives
50g (2oz) organic mature Cheddar cheese, cut into 12 small chunks
Latest reasons to love organic:
- becky, its worth paying for!
- alexander, sustainability
- jenny, lack of chemicals and health reasons!
- Lauren Manning, Because it's better for you.
- ellie ashcroft, knowing where your food has come from!
- Cassy, Way forward for our planet
- chris gardner, its pure and simple!
- Jeremy Food, my wife insists on buying local and organic. also, we have an allotment.
- robyn james, less chemicals in my food!
- rebecca freeman, more natural