The banoffee pie has had a makeover. This recipe combines a delicious chewy chocolate base, sticky toffee sauce and bananas, with a tropical coconut cream topping.
Pre-heat the oven to 180°C, gas mark 4, take the biscuits, cereal and butter and mix together until thoroughly combined. Press the mixture into a 20cm tart tin with a removable base, ensure an even layer.
Bake the biscuit base for 10 minutes until slightly darker and firm to touch. Leave to cool.
Layer the bananas over the base and spread over the condensed milk.
Whip the cream, yogurt and icing sugar together and gently spoon in soft peaks over the sauce.
Lightly dust with cocoa powder for decoration.
Try serving with an extra drizzle of cream, scrumptious.
150g organic digestive biscuits, crushed
70g organic chocolate granola & nuts
30g organic unsalted butter, melted
2 organic bananas, sliced
397g tin condensed milk
180g organic double cream
100g organic Greek style coconut yogurt
1 tbsp icing sugar
1 tsp organic cocoa powder, for dusting
Latest reasons to love organic:
- becky, its worth paying for!
- alexander, sustainability
- jenny, lack of chemicals and health reasons!
- Lauren Manning, Because it's better for you.
- ellie ashcroft, knowing where your food has come from!
- Cassy, Way forward for our planet
- chris gardner, its pure and simple!
- Jeremy Food, my wife insists on buying local and organic. also, we have an allotment.
- robyn james, less chemicals in my food!
- rebecca freeman, more natural